Ballyknocken House, Farm and Cookery School is scenically located on 280 acres only 47 km south of Dublin City Centre in County Wicklow, Ireland. Our charming 4* Victorian style farm guesthouse offers welcoming Bed and Breakfast accommodation. Home to celebrity chef and award winning food writer, Catherine Fulvio, we pride ourselves on continuing the family tradition of providing B&B accommodation for over fifty years here in County Wicklow.
We offer an intimate, warm, friendly & welcoming, bed and breakfast experience. Here at Ballyknocken House & Cookery School, named McKenna Guide’s top 100 Best Places to Stay (Hotel and B&Bs) in Ireland, guests can enjoy:
- Relaxing Weekend Breaks
- Cookery Shortbreaks
- Cookery Classes
- The Garden of Ireland beauty spots of Glendalough, Sally Gap, Brittas Bay Beach and Powerscourt Waterfall
- Walking, Golf & Activity Holidays in Wicklow
- Shopping at Avoca & Dundrum Shopping Centre
Ballyknocken Cookery School
Welcome to our state of the art award winning cookery school, nestled between lush herb, vegetable and soft fruit gardens Ballyknocken Cookery School, Wicklow. This much loved school is a haven for foodies and budding chefs and was voted ‘the winner of the International Cordon D’Or Culinary Academy of the Year.
If you share our passion for good food and would like to develop new skills in the kitchen, then our popular cookery classes are a must. Our year round cookery calendar has a great choice of special and unique classes to suit all levels of skills and experience. Whether you are a novice chef or a more experienced cook we are sure to have a beginner cookery class or a more advanced class to suit.
Our classes are specifically tailored as follows:
- Baking classes
- Italian Cooking
- Entertainment made easy
- Family cooking classes
- Vegetarian cooking
- Foraging classes
- Super food cooking
- Gluten free classes
- For an unusual, unique gift idea we offer a full range of short break accommodation and cookery class gift vouchers
We also welcome private groups and bookings for
- Corporate team building events,
- Unique cookery hen parties
- Fun outdoor activity farm days.
- International Incentive Days