We would like to reassure you that we have a detailed plan to ensure maximum safety and maximum fun for you when you visit us for your next cookery class.
Your safety and wellbeing and that of our staff is of utmost importance, so we have drafted the following in order to let you know what to expect.
We would appreciate it if you would please bring your Digital Cert to confirm you are vaccinated.
Physical Distancing/ Masks
• All attendees are required to wear a face mask for the full duration of the class, except when dining. Staff will also be wearing face masks at all times.
• Windows will be open for fresh air to circulate throughout the class
• Attendees are encouraged to take breaks in the herb and vegetable gardens throughout the class
• Social distancing signs are erected in the school.
• Staff in the school will be kept to the absolute minimum per class.
Handwashing, Hygiene and Cleaning
• Hand sanitiser is available at the entry/exit point and at each workstation.
• Guests are advised to bring the minimum of personal belongings onto the premises (do bring your own pen to take notes)
• Guests will be directed to the hand wash area before the commencement of each class. There is also hand washing signage erected
• Each workstation will be equipped with individual cooking equipment, utensils and crockery.
• There is minimum requirement for movement throughout the room – only to access ovens and hobs as everything is prepared at the workstation. Our chef will happily bring anything else required to the workstation.
• When at ovens / hobs, our guests are requested to be mindful of social distancing
• Food grade disposable gloves are available upon request.
• Guests will dine at their stations.
• Our already stringent hygiene and cleaning protocols will be even more frequent.
• The facilities, including all surfaces frequently touched, are thoroughly cleaned with detergent and disinfectant following each class and beforehand when setting up for each class.
• Staff will wash and sanitise their hands thoroughly before setting up for each class.
• Bins are emptied after each class.
To summarise, what you as a guest should do when at Ballyknocken Cookery School
• Advise us immediately if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who had been diagnosed with Covid-19
• Follow all hygiene procedures
• Social distance
• Bring your mask and wear it for the full duration of the class
• Bring the minimum of belongings into the classroom – but do bring your pen for notetaking
• Enjoy the experience – let’s cook and have fun!