We would like to reassure you that we have a detailed plan to ensure maximum safety and maximum fun for you when you visit us for your next cookery class.
Your safety and wellbeing and that of our staff is of utmost importance, so we have drafted the following in order to let you know what to expect.
Physical Distancing/ Masks
• In keeping with the current regulations, we have reduced the class capacity from 24 to 10 in order to maintain social distancing to a minimum of 2 metres
• All attendees are required to wear a face mask for the full duration of the class, except when dining. Staff will also be wearing face masks at all times.
• Attendees from the same household or travelled here together will work in pairs and those attending individually will work alone.
• Windows will be open for fresh air to circulate throughout the class
• Attendees are encouraged to take breaks in the herb and vegetable gardens throughout the class
• Social distancing signs are erected in the school.
• Staff in the school will be kept to the absolute minimum per class.
Handwashing, Hygiene and Cleaning
• Hand sanitiser is available at the entry/exit point and at each workstation.
• Guests are advised to bring the minimum of personal belongings onto the premises (do bring your own pen to take notes)
• Guests will be directed to the hand wash area before the commencement of each class. There is also hand washing signage erected
• Each workstation will be equipped with individual cooking equipment, utensils, crockery and cutlery for dining and drinking glass for water
• There is minimum requirement for movement throughout the room – only to access ovens and hobs as everything is prepared at the workstation. Our chef will happily bring anything else required to the workstation.
• When at ovens / hobs, our guests are requested to be mindful of social distancing
• Food grade disposable gloves are available upon request.
• Guests will dine at their stations.
• Our already stringent hygiene and cleaning protocols will be even more frequent.
• The facilities, including all surfaces frequently touched, are thoroughly cleaned with detergent and disinfectant following each class and beforehand when setting up for each class.
• Staff will wash and sanitise their hands thoroughly before setting up for each class.
• Bins are emptied after each class.
How we Monitor Covid Symptoms
• Staff have been instructed to advise and stay home if they are sick or if they are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, have been in close contact with a person who has Covid-19 or have been tested for Covid-19.
• Guests are advised to contact us to reschedule their booking if they are sick or if they are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, have been in close contact with a person who has Covid-19or have been tested for Covid-19 (please note our cancellation policy).
• Guests’ details are recorded at time of booking including email address and contact number.
• All customer information is treated carefully in line with GDPR
To summarise, what you as a guest should do when at Ballyknocken Cookery School
• Advise us immediately if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who had been diagnosed with Covid-19
• Follow all hygiene procedures
• Social distance
• Bring your mask and wear it for the full duration of the class
• Bring the minimum of belongings into the classroom – but do bring your pen for notetaking
• Enjoy the experience – let’s cook and have fun!