- 150g digestives
- 20g Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar
- 50g butter
For the cheesecake filling
- 360g cream cheese, room temp.
- 180g Siúcra Caster Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 40g plain flour
- 200ml sour cream
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 50g chocolate chips
For the nests
- 180g shredded wheat, crushed
- 150g milk chocolate, melted
- 36 mini eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/ 160˚C fan/ gas mark 4 and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
2. For the base, whizz the biscuits in a food processor until they are roughly crushed, or place in a sealable bag and bash with a rolling pin.
3. Place the crushed biscuits and Light Golden-Brown Sugar into a bowl and pour over the melted butter. Stir together until the mixture resembles wet sand.
4. Divide the mix between the cupcake cases and push firmly to form an even base for the cheesecake. Place in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
5. In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
6. Stir in the flour, sour cream, vanilla and chocolate chips.
7. Divide the mix between the cupcake cakes. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Remove the cupcake cases.
8. To make the nests, stir together the shredded wheat and the melted chocolate. Spoon on top of each cheesecakes, use the back of a teaspoon to make a small well.
9. Place in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set. Put 2-3 mini eggs into each nest.