10.00am – 2.00pm on Sunday 17th October 2021
What does clever cooking mean? Well, how many times do we open the fridge and complain that “there’s nothing to eat”! this course teaches how to make meals from store cupboard staples and fridge ingredients.
Clever cooking is all about using all the ingredients you have already to create new wonderful meals for you and your family. It’s the sustainable approach to cooking – making it easier for you, better for your purse and better for the environment.
We try to look at how we can use ingredients that you are likely to have in your store cupboard, reduce food waste by repurposing leftovers and foods that would normally end up in your bin or compost caddy.
Sample recipes we will cover is
Hearty Store Cupboard Bean Soup
Chicken Florentine Bake
Thai Green Prawn Curry with Golden Rice
Pistachio Pesto with Broccoli Fusilli
Roast sweet potato hummus with crudites
Panzanella & Roast Chickpea Salad
All recipes are subject to seasonal ingredients
You will experience
• Welcome tea/coffee with our signature Ballyknocken Lemon Drizzle Slices
• Learn from our expert tutor key kitchen skills & enjoy a demonstration of signature dish(es)
• Experience a hands-on informative and fun class
• Take home a full suite of recipes
• Enjoy a light lunch or tasting plate
• Support from our food loving Ballyknocken Tutors